Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Exciting Genealogy

I finished reading the New Testament last week and so my new project was to start reading the D&C.  I also decided that I would read some church history to go along with the D & C  so that I could keep up to date with time and places and things that where happening at that time period.  I was reading in the church history the genealogy of the prophet Joseph Smith and I discovered on the Mack side that Ebenezer Mack was married to a Hannah Huntley from Lyme Conn. (grandmother and grandfather of Lucy Mack)  A few years ago, when I was working on  my genealogy on my mother's side,  I was researching the Huntley's from Lyme Conn., so I wondered if they where related.  I found out that yes they are.   Lucy Mack's father Soloman Mack had a sister Phebe Mack who married Amos Huntley who is my ancestor.  Actually I am double related because cousins married each other on the family tree.  So my genealogy lines goes up through Hannah Huntley  and also up through her daughter Phebe Mack who  married  Amos Huntley.  I think that is pretty exciting!!!

1 comment: