Sunday, January 16, 2011

Scary Experience

I sure had a scary experience when I was driving home last night.  Shannon and I went to Lethbridge to check out a new vacuum for Shannon, because hers broke down.  When we arrived in town it was -20 degrees and I started heading for home.  I was just before the turn by Little's house and all of a sudden all the windows in the truck fogged over  in a matter of seconds.  It was like someone had thrown a blanket  over all my window and I couldn't see anything and the defrost in the truck couldn't clear the windows fast enough. All I could think of was "Please do not let me be in another accident".  I pulled off the highway as best as I could, and when I had finished shaking I called Rod  on the cellphone.  He asked me what the temperature gauge on the truck was and it was normal and then I looked up at the temperature outside gauge.  It was -3 degrees outside.  I must of hit that warm air and everything  instantly fogged up.  After all the windows cleared I started for home.  The temperature by the church was 3 above but by the time I arrived home it was -13 degrees.  That was an awful and scary experience!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is so weird! I've never had that happen, but how super scary! I'm glad you were okay! It sounds so cold there, it's been pretty warm and slushy around here, too bad we can't send it your way. (Except we wouldn't want to send it suddenly and fog up your windows! Scary!)

    ReplyDelete