Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Day


Our Family Day tradition is to go to Waterton for a wiener roast in one of the enclosed camp kitchens.  This year the large camp kitchen that we went to last year was blocked off with a big snow drift, so we went to a smaller camp kitchen by Linet Lake.   We all arrived , and  found  the door was blocked off with a snow drift on the inside of the camp kitchen.  Our memory this year is going through a window (I won't tell you how we got inside through the window) but we got inside and removed the snow drift blocking the door.  We were able to fix the window, start a fire, and roast our wieners and we had all sorts of treats and food and stayed toasty warm by the fire.  It was really windy outside but the kids had a fun time playing outside in the snow drifts.    We brought hot water from home and had  hot chocolate and hot apple cider to warm us up.  My policy is not to post pictures of my grandchildren (I will let their  parents decide to post or not ) and since all my pictures at the camp kitchen have grandchildren in them  I will not post those pictures but here are some pictures  of Cameron Falls and some deer that I spotted along side the road. We all had a great time and we sure missed those family members that was not able to join us.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! We have such great memories of going there on Family Day, we missed you guys! In fact, I half jokingly said to Derick on Friday...."We should just leave today and drive home for the weekend!" Maybe another year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have come! Glad it was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete