Monday, February 14, 2011

Yesterday, Scott, Mandy and family came for a visit.  We sure love to have them come and see us and their kids are sure growing.  Cason is crawling and is a very active little boy and so cute.  I may be prejudice but then all my grandchildren are so cute.  The girls were able to go out to the barn and see the new baby calves.  We have a set of twins that were born first and then one other cow had a  calf,  and so we have three baby calves so far.  New baby calves makes me think that spring may be just around the corner.

We all went into Steve and Shannon's to celebrate Leah's birthday.  It is hard to believe she is nine already.   We had delicious birthday cake and of course Leah had some presents to open.    It is nice that Shannon and family lives so close by.

Today after work I went to my first "Zumba" class at Curves.  Not Pretty!!!  I realized how uncoordinated I am but it was kind of fun. Sometime, it is fun to just step out of the box and experience new things.   Zumba is a fitness dance  that is done to Latin  and Columbia type music. 
The lady who was teaching us was really good but the rest of us were trying to figure out what foot we were suppose to be on.   She is coming once a week until the trainers at Curves can learn and then teach the rest of us.

The other day,  I saw the movie "Secretariat" at the store and  I thought Rod would really enjoy it, so I bought it for him along with some chocolates for Valentines Day.  Tonight for Family Home Evening we watched it.  It was a really an  awesome movie.  Rod was  really thoughtful!  I told him quite awhile ago that I wanted a new scarf and he picked one out for me all by himself and surprised me for Valentines Day.    I hope your Valentines Day was as happy as mine was.

2 comments:

  1. Were you wearing it that night on your walk??? I totally almost said something, if it is that one it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my very first Zumba class last night!!! It was crazy, they didn't slow it down or anything for first-timers, so I was just trying my best to keep up. But it was lots of fun! It sounds like you had a nice Valentine's Day....I'd like to see that Secretariat movie, it looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete