Monday, August 23, 2010

As I was visiting teaching about 4 months ago, the lesson was on scripture study.  As we were visiting with one  of our sisters, she told us about  a 1000 day challenge  that one stake issued to their stake.  The challenge was  to  study the scriptures every day for 1000 days.  I went home and thought about the  challenge and thought to myself that I would like to undertake the challenge in my own life.  Some days have been harder than others to find time  but  the benefits have definitely paid off.  I feel closer to the spirit and have come to learn more about our Saviour Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me.

I was at the Cardston Public Library and I found a book "Always Remember Him" by Brett D. Benson.  Brett D. Benson is a seminary instructor and a principal for the seminaries and institutes of religion program of 'The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.   This book is about Jesus Christ  - The Way, The Truth, and The Eternal Life of Man.  I totally recommend this book as it brings the life of Jesus Christ and his ministry to light.  I have been following along in this book as I have been reading the New Testament and I am understanding more of the teachings of Jesus.  Awesome Book!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment