Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Day!!!!

Well, I am finally finish  all my major summer projects today.  I started out the summer by sanding and staining the  boards on the front of our house.  My next project was to stain all the window frames on the outside of the house.   I was wondering how to accomplish this feat, as I have some pretty high windows and I am scared of heights, but Rod came to my rescue by hoisting me up in the bucket of the tractor. ( That is also a  great solution for washing your  outside windows that are high up.)  Then I decided that my front step, boardwalk, and deck all needed staining.  I stained them only a couple of years ago but they looked horrible. I have learned a valuable lesson,  in that I used a stain that was on sale and it did not last very long.  The stain that I used blistered in some spots and has completely come off where people have walked,  in other spots.  So I was down on my hands and knees scraping and cussing, scraping and cussing until I could get off as much as I could.  This time I used a high grade stain that  has a five year warranty.  I have been trying to stain  in between rainstorms, my days off  and after work until this project is  finally finished,  except that now I see that the picnic table need staining, but that will be for another day.  ( I must say it looks 100% better!!!)

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time picturing you cussing at anything. Good work on the finished summer projects. I too need to stain picnic tables but I haven't yet bought the stain where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the stain at Mark Farren's hardware store in Cardston. The brand to get is called Flood Deck and Siding Stain - has a five year warranty. It is alittle more expensive but I know it will be worth it. Yes!!! I was cussing, but the words I was using was DARN, DARN, DARN!!!

    ReplyDelete