Monday, April 25, 2011

Snowmobile Trip

During the week, Rod and Mark Walburger drove all the way to Boise Idaho to pick up a used snowmobile for Rod.  Rod was able to import his machine yesterday at the border and so today he wanted to go for a ride up to the Community Pasture.  Usually there us not enough snow at the end of April to go snowmobiling  in the Community Pasture but this year there is still quite a bit left.  He asked me if I wanted to go along.  The first thing we saw were two bears but when they heard and saw us they headed up the hill.  By the time I got my camera out they weren't very close, but I did snap a few pictures just to prove that we did see them.
When we were coming back down the valley I looked up on the top of the hill where I thought I saw the two bears again.  We rode up near the top and found it to be two moose.  Again, when they saw and heard us,  they took off like a shot.

2 comments:

  1. Great shots! I will have to teach you how to lighten your images when I am down next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun wilderness adventure! Those bears look pretty big, even far away! G's very impressed with the animals, and with Grandpa's helmet and snow mobile!

    ReplyDelete