Thursday, July 21, 2011

Surprise Produce Box

I am really excited tonight,  because my fridge is full of nice fresh produce.  I was telling Jennifer (the girl I work with at the office) about Megan's bountiful baskets that she  received last summer.  Jennifer told me that the Hutterite colonies in the area do about the same thing with the produce that they grow.  They have a box full of fresh produce that a person can buy for $25.00 and what is inside the box is a surprise.  My box contained  green onions, cauliflower, spinach, tomatoes, radishes, peas, new potatoes, broccoli, beets with beet greens, lettuce, cabbage, baby carrots and garlic.  For supper I had a tossed salad, cooked baby carrots with peas, cooked new potatoes and barbecued chicken.  Very delicious!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! You inspired me and I went and ordered a bountiful basket for this week....I haven't bought one for months! I'm excited to see what fun summer produce they bring!
    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete