Monday, September 27, 2010

September 26, 2010 - Stray Dog

Yesterday morning I opened the door and there was a stray border collie dog standing outside.  I was hoping that if we just left it alone that it would go home. It stayed the day and when Shannon's kids came out to visit the dog was friendly and playful with the kids.  Natasha gave it the name of Marshmallow.  Last night was a terrible night as the dog decided to start barking around 2:00 a.m. and continued for about 2 hours.  It was barking and Buster was barking and I could hear the coyotes howling in the distance.  I couldn't sleep and was tossing and turning,  and then Rod started talking in his sleep.  He said something funny that made me just burst out laughing. What a night!!! This morning I have calling all around the neighborhood trying to find the owner of this  dog so that it can go home.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you can find its home so you can get a good night's sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog showed up at my house Wednesday morning, but we left when the power went off AGAIN! And when we came home it was gone. I really don't know whose it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm, maybe it was Ellie come home to visit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I even thought of that. But she did not know any tricks whatsoever, so I know it was not Ellie. Rod took her home to Burton ManyFingers place.

    ReplyDelete