Friday, November 5, 2010

Many Blessings

Last night we took Rod's mother to the Leavitt Seniors potluck dinner.  Rod said he never thought he would see the day when he would be going to a seniors dinner and taking his mother.  How time flies!!  It was a very interesting evening because Mary Ann (Dixey) Hershie talked to the seniors about her trip to Ethiopia.  She is with an organization that helps to raise money for school supplies and to develop a pipe line to pipe clean drinking water  to the villages.  The people there are very poor and lack even the basic necessities of life but are very humble and appreciative.  We take so many blessings and things for granted where we live.  I made sure when I said my prayers last night to thank my Heavenly Father for clean drinking water and that it is made so available to me and for all my other many blessing.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing think of all the comforts of life we have, so many things we take for granted. I love it when the kids pray for things like that, like when they say thank for their warm blankets and toys and our house and the rain. I need to remember more of those things too. (I like the new picture of you and Rod! You don't look like seniors!) :)

    ReplyDelete